Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lawyer By Trade/Foodie At Heart Basks in the Afterglow of Joseph Decuis Gourmet Restaurant

Quoting from the "Afterglow" blog post:

"I take back every hickish thought I had about Ft. Wayne and the Hoosier state. I was ignorant enough to think that I could not get a quality meal during my time in Northern Indiana. I happily admit that I was wrong!

I did some research yesterday and set my sights on Joseph Decuis. It is actually in Roanoke, IN, which is about 15 minutes southwest of Ft. Wayne. If you're within about 50 miles of this place, you need to stop. They are true farm-to-table folks, and raise their own Waygu beef six miles down the road. They've also got chickens (Maria, the bartender, told me they are the happiest chickens on earth) that provide the eggs for the restaurant, and they do their best to source their other ingredients locally."

Link to "Afterglow"

No comments:

Post a Comment